This policy states what happens when you contact Counselling & Reiki Services via the website, by email, by phone, and if you decide to enter into a Counselling or Reiki agreement.
Please read carefully and ask any questions on our first session or via email.
My website is straightforward, the only placed data from you will be collected is through the contact form – which is SSL protected so fully encrypted, as is the rest of my website.
If you do choose to come for Counselling or Reiki, I will hold your personal data in the form of a Contact Details form and or a Consent form. This is attached to a working (counselling or reiki) agreement as part of our terms and conditions.
This policy therefore sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide, will be processed.
Please read the following carefully to understand the views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. By visiting www.counsellingandreikiservices.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Patricia Fagan (Registration number available on request).
Your details will be stored safely and securely in a lockable filing system for the purpose of confidentiality, by Counselling & Reiki Services.
Information I may collect
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided by you.
- You may provide information about yourself by filling in forms on this website or by corresponding with the service by phone, text or email, and other.
- This includes information you provide when you comment on a post or send a message through my contact form, and when you report a problem with my site.
- The information you provide may include but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you provide, and information I collect about you.
- I will use this information to carry out my professional and contractual obligations during our therapeutic relationship.
- I will use this information to carry out my professional obligations during reiki.
- Contracting and ensuring the terms found in the contract are upheld by both parties.
- In case of emergencies or where disclosure might be necessary – I will contact your GP or next of kin in these cases, with your knowledge and consent UNLESS it is a case of terrorism or money laundering, which by law I must report without the need for consent.
Disclosure of your Information
I will not share your personal information with anyone else, unless there is a duty to disclose in order to comply with any legal obligation (terrorism alerts, money laundering).
The only other person involved in your case will be my supervisor, who is held by the same privacy, data protection and confidentiality clauses as described here.
Only the first name will be known to them, or if you choose to be anonymised further, initials or aliases can be used for confidentiality.
Right to Access
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, free of charge, in an electronic or paper format.
Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to request any information that I hold about you be erased, including personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes – for example when our therapeutic relationship has ended or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it is information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
You have the right to receive your personal information as previously provided, and to transfer this information to another party.